Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trip in Thailand

Like a migration bird, when the seasonal wind from the north starts to blow,and maple leaves turn to brilliant crimson color, I feel something in my body restless. It's rooted in my blood, in my brain and in my heart too. It was the urge of flying south.

Phuket
It's so beautiful here; at night, both sides of the driveway are lit with fire torches. There are even candles floating on lily pads on top of the ponds. The atmosphere is like Monet's tropical version of a painting. I was walking along the path in the tropical jungle inside the resort enjoying the quietness and tranquility of my surroundings: it seemed like a surreal, lonesome dream. It seems as if there is always a piece of my heart missing.... This morning I took my computer to the ocean side and wrote:It is early in the morning in Phuket Marriott Resort. I am sitting in a café facing the sea, listening the palm trees' rustling and the waves' roaring. While I am sitting, there are three birds claiming this table as their territory, squawking and screaming at me, investigating the contents of my cup, and tyring to find leftover bread crumbs on the table.From the corner of my eye, i spy a long legged mosquito walking briskly across the handrail. In retrospect of my life in the past, I stare at the ocean, and although it is not raining, my eyes beginning to fill with water.

No comments: